| || |
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a large baking tray with baking paper. In a food processor, add ricotta, pecans, eggs, leek, and tamari, pulse until well chopped and blended.
- Add the oats and the rice crumbs to the mixture in the food processor and continue to blend.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 squares. Fill each sheet with 2 Tb mixture and then roll into a triangle or like a traditional sausage roll. If you would like smaller sausage rolls, slice the pastry sheets in half rather then in 4 and add mixture to each half, roll to form a long sausage roll.
- Brush the top of the pastry with the egg wash and then place on the baking tray. If you’re wanting to make smaller sausage rolls, slice the long sausage roll into small portions and place these on the tray.
- Prick the top of each roll with a fork and then place in oven to bake for 25 mins or until lightly browned and flaky on the outside.
- Serve with some veg sticks or a simple mixed salad.
Adapted from The Australian Healthy Food Guide, May 2011