So I thought it important to give you a rough idea of what I consider 'normal' eating for me.
For me, normal eating is:
- eating when I'm hungry and sometimes eating when I'm not hungry
- eating something because I like the taste of it
- sometimes eating foods I enjoy when i'm sad
- sometimes eating more even though i'm full
- sometimes not being able to eat when i'm hungry because i'm busy
- not knowing the nutritional numbers of something before I decide whether to eat it or not
- sometimes eating out of boredom
- seeing all foods as neutral and not classifying them into particular groups
- enjoying and tasting my food
- eating something because I want to, not because I should
- not restricting or being calculating to compensate for a particular meal
- saying no to someone if they offer me something and I don't want it, rather than saying yes because I don't want to make them feel uncomfortable
- eating the same amount alone as I would eat in front of others
- going to the shop and specifically buying something because that's what I feel like and want
- never feeling guilty for choosing to eat any type of food
- feeling confident majority of the time in listening to my body to tell me what and when to eat
- sometimes feeling disappointed if I have multiple options on a menu that I'd like to try and then finding out I've chosen the wrong one
- sometimes finding it tricky to know what I feel like and whether I am truly hungry or full
I'm sure there's more to this list but I think I've been able to get the most important points out.
What is normal eating to you? Or if you don't think you currently eat normal for you, how would you like it to look like?