Here is the recipe...
Makes: 8-10 croquettes
Preparation: 20 mins
Cooking: 10-12 mins
- Steam the 2 potatoes, set aside to cool.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking/cooling, grate the carrot, swede and turnip. Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat, add a small nib of coconut oil. When the pan is heated, add the grated mixture, onion or leek, and green beans, lightly fry for about 5 minutes.
- Put half of the bread mixture on a plate and beat the egg in a bowl.
- Mash the potatoes in a large bowl, then add the rest of the breadcrumbs, all of the cooked mixture, and a few grinds of salt and pepper. Using your hands, combine the mixture and then put a chunk in your hand. Place a stick of cheese in the middle of the chunk and form a small sausage-like shape around it, they should be about 10cm in length. Continue with the rest of the cheese and the mixture.
- One by one, dip the croquettes in the egg and then coat in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the large frying pan used previously over a medium heat and add about a thumbs worth of coconut oil. Place the croquettes into the fry pan and cook until browned on all sides, make sure you turn them onto a different side every couple of minutes.
- Serve with a good 1-2 cups of steamed veg, such as broccoli and cauliflower, or salad veg.